April 12, 2012

Kitchen coming together...

If there is one thing that we are learning from the adventure with this house, it is that one thing builds upon another, and that patience is the order of the day.  It is a lesson in foundations.  Step five can not be done before step one and that is just the way it is.  When we get overwhelmed, we remind ourselves of this, and that we just take the step before us, one at a time.  It is a lesson applicable to many areas of life and one that I am finally learning to walk out in peace.

The kitchen is coming together.  Nothing could really be done until the floors were done.  But once that was all completed, progress was rapid.


We sanded the top of the "island", painted it, added new hardware and then moved it out to enlarge the kitchen space a little and now it is functional.  We need a few more stools!  Because the room is so large and bright, it really needed something to anchor it...so the bold wallpaper on the one wall helps to do just that.  The window frames still need painting, the dishwasher still needs to be installed, there is one set of cabinets still to paint, the electrician still has to install the lighting....but it is coming together.

This houses my Crazy Daisy pyrex!


When I start setting up little corners and canning salsa, I know that I am settling in.

Today is a day of rest.  I need to remember to take them.  Balance.  Today, "my girls" are coming over for tea and to share with each other our lives and what God has been teaching us.  It is a time of encouragement and community.  It is one of the many blessings in my life for which I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with your wall paper. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks "ostriches"...it certainly is a fun pattern.
      I follow your blog also...so funny sometimes with your boys...and their shenanigans! And I love what you and the others are doing over at Imperfect Prose. Thanks.

      Delete